Sunday, June 27, 2010

30th June 2010

Thank you for the Days

Year after year -

It does not get any easier finding things to say to mark the anniversary of Jenny’s disappearance without reference to David Hodgson, who has been convicted of her murder and is serving an 18 year life sentence. If anything, this dreadful 5 year benchmark makes us more determined to ensure that when the 18 year point arrives, we will make a staunch representation to the Parole Board to remind them that David Hodgson has not disclosed what he has done to Jenny and where he has disposed of her body. He knows how he can do this if he so chooses, but it is our intention to convey to the board, the precise length of time it has taken him to accept responsibility, if indeed he ever does. We trust that they will take this into consideration, as is their duty, before declining his application for parole and release on licence. We have no wish to communicate with the man whatsoever; nevertheless, we feel we owe it to Jenny to state our feelings. So, if David Hodgson manages to see this blog, or there is anyone who might have the desire to visit him, maybe someone will let him know that he is not the only one - ‘counting the days’.

Another Year On

We could all think of a song or piece of music that fills us full of emotion or makes us think of someone we love. There are many such songs that remind us of Jenny as she was so keen on playing her guitar and loved listening to bands. At the weekend we watched coverage of the Glastonbury festival and heard a song that we had never really associated with Jenny. It was sang by Ray Davies, who wrote it for the Kinks called “Days” (Thank you for the Days) and it just seemed so fitting, a few days before this anniversary. There is a link at the bottom of this page to a video clip of the Kinks performing it, (Kirsty MacColl also sang it) if you are unsure which song it is.

We remember Jenny all the time......... each time you hear this song in future, we hope you will remember and think of Jenny too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzpShIhvrjU

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful song, for a beautiful girl.
xx


Brian and Ann Nicholl.

Anonymous said...

never forgotten,I pray one day that man's consious mind will get the better of him, the family of Jenny were denied the normal rituals of a christian funeral, may he rot. RIP JENNY. MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT TO ANN,BRIAN AND ALL THE FAMILY. Patricia Brady

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have met my aunty Jenny
Xxx EB

Anonymous said...

When I hear this song I will think of Jenny, not with sadness but memories of a young, talented girl who had so much to offer those who knew her.
Love to you and your wonderful family
xx

Anonymous said...

5 years on and still missing you Jenny. When I look up at the sky at night I know you are the brightest star shining looking down on us all.

Thinking of you always

Irene & John x

Anonymous said...

When those we love have left this earth, we still can feel them near.
We'll see a picture, hear a song, and it’s just like they are here. And when we call upon our faith, when we believe and trust,
we know the ones we care about are always close to us.

Love to you all
Tina McCarthy x

Kay and Frank shine said...

thinking of you every day lots of love aunty kay and family.

Anonymous said...

You are gone but never forgotten. Our hearts still ache but the memories keep us all strong. We will never forget all our laughs together. As long as we have music you will live on forever.

Lots of Love Always
Heather
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

So glad Aunty Kay found this photo of you Jen.
It shows your natural beauty so well.

I'm giving Molly your Dog.. lots of hugs today.. not too many.. as she still smells!

You are still my beautiful Niece.. forever.
5 years on.. and still missing you.

All the love.

Nanny & Aunty Mary.xxxx

Anonymous said...

Jenny, you will live on in the memories of those who love you.

Ann, Brian and family. We hope that one day you get the closure you're looking for.

All our love and support
Sean, Rae, Alicia and Lucy Munro

Anonymous said...

I love you everyday Jenny!!!! I planted a lovely ground cover in my garden today....it is called Jenny....each year it will come back bigger, greener, and with more beautiful yellow flowers....as each year passes I will hold my precious memories of you closer and closer! I still giggle about the giant stuffed animal you won at Lagoon (in Utah)...and our brainstorm about how to get it on the plane without buying an extra ticket (teehee makes me giggle). xoxo. Love your cousin Bronlyn.

Anonymous said...

Jenny lives on- in my memories, in my head, in my heart. Within me.

Mum xx

Anonymous said...

Jenny you have been sorely missed, you always will be in our hearts and prayers. I hope you are at peace jen.

All my love Dani xxxx

Anonymous said...

You still come into my head all the time... just because we cant see you.. doesn't mean we dont feel you.

Aunty Mary.xxx

Unknown said...

Hey Jen,sorry its been a while,your still in my thoughts most mornings,the earlier I wake the more I think of you,its a shame Elle will never get to meet her Aunt Jenny.
By the way there's a bloke in the flat above us who plays the guitar and he's shite!,its a shame you can't come round and teach him a thing or two.
Your loving big brother Chris

Anonymous said...

love you jenny....you are only a thought away...please take care of our T. xoxo, Bronlyn.

joanne dorrian said...

It is so sad that 5 years on Jennys body has not been found. My sister Lisa Dorrians body has been missing since feb 2005. She would be 31 now. I take comfort in the fact that the people responsible for both of these horrendous crimes will never see our girls again- they are not going where the girls are now. I think of the Nicholl family all the time and pray for an answer to their prayers. Its tragic when the best you can hope for is the recovery of the girls bodies but even that would be a blessing. Stay strong and know other think of u all the time. Joanne xxx

Anonymous said...

I thought of you with love today (your birthday)but that is nothing new
I thought about you yesterday and days before that too,
I think of you in silence I often speak your name
All I have are memories and your picture in a frame
Your memory is my keepsake with which I’ll never part
God has you in His keeping I have you in my heart.

Irene & John xx

Anonymous said...

today is your 25th birthday,I will write my prayer.
Almighty god, we entrust those who are dear to us to your unfailing care, knowing that you are doing better things for them especially Jenny, than we can desire or pray for, amen. RIP, Patricia Brady. xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jenny. You are in our hearts and thoughts not only today but every day.

Lots of Love
Heather
xxx

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer.

Anonymous said...

We hold on to your memory like we still would have held you...

with prescious love and joy.

Big kisses..

Aunty Mary & Nanny.XXX

Anonymous said...

A life that touches others goes on forever

Happy 25th birthday Jenny.
Always loved and always missed.

Mum and Dad xx

joanne dorrian said...

happy birthday to jenny, thinking of you all at this very difficult time xxx

Anonymous said...

You are always thought of Jenny no matter what day it is. You touched our lives in the short time that we knew you.
xx

Anonymous said...

Love you lots jenny!
xoxo Bronlyn

Anonymous said...

Everyday in some small way,
Memories of you come our way,
Though absent, you are always near,
Still missed, loved and always dear.



Irene & John

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Jen, and Talese at Christmas time....

Two beautiful Souls...

Auntie Mary.xxxx

Anonymous said...

A life that touches others goes on forever.

Another year without you, Jenny.
Dad and mum.